Are you a social media aficionado?
Do you live for drafting and posting about nonprofit initiatives one minute, and then machine manufacturing the next? Then LKF Marketing is looking for you to join our team as the Social Media Coordinator!
The Social Media Coordinator (SMC) at LKF is responsible for maintaining multiple social media platforms for a variety of clients within varying industries. The SMC works with all departments within LKF and reports to the Client Services Director.
This position requires a self-driven, results-oriented person with a clear focus on social media management and strategy. Candidates need to have strong skills in social media, excellent writing and grammar, customer service, and creating visual elements. Candidates need to have an in-depth understanding of the many social media platforms and be comfortable navigating each of them as well as the tools and software to allow content to be created and shared. Clear communication skills, troubleshooting ability, flexibility, organized time management, and collaboration skills are critical.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news) for multiple clients
- Monitor multiple social media channels for multiple clients, and perform social listening duties to share, follow, like, etc. to increase awareness, engagement, reach, etc.
- Develop editorial calendars for multiple clients
- Plan, build, and implement paid social media ad campaigns across multiple channels and platforms
- Monitor the performance of paid social ad campaigns and optimize them over time
- Report on results of paid social ad campaigns
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Work with Social Media Strategist and client account teams to develop and implement social media strategy to align with client’s goals
- Collaborate with other Departments and client account team to ensure client’s brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor customer reviews
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, tools, and applications
- Maintain extensive knowledge related to the latest practices and technology with social media platforms, tools, and software
- Collaborate with Social Media Strategist and Digital Media Designer on a regular basis, and keep members of the Client Services Department, Creative Department, and Technology Services Department updated on latest practices and technology with social media platforms, tools, and software
- Collaborate with client account team and Digital Media Designer to ensure that the look, tone, and feel of social media assets align with the rest of the client’s marketing goals and are on brand according to style guides
- Work with Social Media Strategist to:
- Research social media trends and share with staff
- Manage any tool or software used by LKF to manage social media needs (i.e., Canva, Sendible, etc.)
- Perform/review social media audits
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Meet project deadlines/work within time allowances
- Participate in bi-monthly Client Services Department team meetings and contribute to department and company projects
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years full-time marketing experience or other relevant experience preferred, and expertise in managing social media accounts for clients using automated platforms.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office software.
- Superb grammar skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience using Airtable, Canva, and Sendible (preferred, not required)
LKF Marketing offers health insurance to full-time employees; 401K retirement plan benefits (including company match of 3%); paid time off; paid parking; easy access to downtown shops, restaurants, and services; plus a crazy bunch of co-workers that might just become your best friends!
About LKF Marketing
We are a full-service advertising, marketing, website design and development, and public relations agency located in downtown Kalamazoo, Mich., with a 30+ year history. We're different from other communication firms. Why? Our sole purpose is to holistically achieve results. Great design might win awards (got em!), but we up the ante with solid strategy for our clients’ futures. There are no cookie-cutter marketing plans here.
We are a fun and fast-paced firm that values our culture and seeks a new team member who upholds our core values.
- Be Smart
- Have Fun
- Be Honest
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Contribute to Family
Our passion is obvious. We're seriously nuts about what we do, and it shows up in every project. We love to find new ways to meet challenges and thrill our clients. We can't believe we get paid to do this for a living! This passion is carried into our community, where our employees are very active with various affiliations.
That's what we do: Work hard. Play hard.
Join us, you'll be glad you did!
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to LKF's HR email. The cover letter should include why you’d be a rockstar Social Media Coordinator and why you’d like to become a part of the LKF Team!