Ready to join our account team?
Are you self-driven and results-oriented? Does managing projects from start to finish and beyond spark passion in your life? Do you aspire to work with a variety of clients, helping them to achieve their wildest marketing goals and objectives? Then step right up!
The Account Manager (AM) at LKF Marketing provides high-level assistance to any Account Executive (AE) in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of AE. The AM reports directly to the Client Services Director as well as the AE for each assigned client.
The AM must be a self-driven, results-oriented person with a clear focus on quality and efficiency; highly detail-oriented, well organized, process driven with strong follow-through. Excellent telephone, written, and presentation skills are required. The AM needs to be a team player who can demonstrate reliable accountability, with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Provides administration and assistance to AE on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to project tasks, production and creative deadlines, media research, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow.
- Collaborates with account, creative, and/or web team(s) as needed to execute client projects, including management of website development projects.
- Perform edits to client websites in various Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Maintain awareness of client activities to provide additional assistance to AE.
- Proofreading copy and artwork; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process as well as consistency with related client materials before being reviewed by clients or turned over to vendors.
- Provides input in planning stage as requested by AE.
- Assists in mailings, word processing of final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials relating to account service and makes ready for client presentations.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by AE.
- Handles paperwork and maintains files on all the client’s activities, their competitors and the industry; manage correspondence, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Maintains client files for all assigned accounts that detail past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
- Attends meetings, prepares agendas, etc. by request.
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan/schedule and deadlines, drawing attention of AE to potential problems before they occur.
- Manages and processes tasks and projects in LKF’s project management program.
- Participate in weekly production meeting and weekly client services team meetings.
- Manages deadlines and keep on top of vendors/coworkers as needed to meet deadlines.
- Draft proposals, ad copy, brochure content, web content, or any other written content needed as determined by the AE.
- Prepare quarterly web reports as assigned by AE.
- Maintain an average of six (6) billable hours per day (within three months of employment).
Must have a bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of full-time marketing experience within a marketing agency and/or marketing department.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office software.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb grammar skills.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Project management experience, including web development.
About LKF Marketing
We are a full-service advertising, marketing, website design and development, and public relations agency located in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan with a 30+ year history. We're different from other communication firms. Why? Our sole purpose is to holistically achieve results. Great design might win awards (got ‘em!), but we up the ante with solid strategy for our clients’ futures. There are no cookie cutter marketing plans here.
We are a fun and fast-paced firm that values our culture and seeks a new team-member who upholds our core values:
- Be Smart
- Have Fun
- Be Honest
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Contribute to Family
Our passion is obvious. We're seriously nuts about what we do, and it shows up in every project. We love to find new ways meet challenges and thrill our clients. We can't believe we get paid to do this for a living! This passion is carried into our community, where our employees are very active with various affiliations. You are highly encouraged to become part of the community by donating some time to a local community partner, ie: Rotary, Kiwanis, or anything that is of interest to further our company’s social networking group.
That's what we do: Work hard. Play hard. Join us, you'll be glad you did!
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to our Client Services Director. The cover letter should include why you’d be a rockstar Account Manager and why you’d like to become a part of the LKF Team!