Ready to join our creative team?
Do you browse color combinations or ponder color theory for hours on end? Do you geek out on kerning pairs? We need you!
The Graphic Designer (GD) at LKF Marketing is responsible for executing the design and directing the production of all things print and web. The GD works under the supervision of the Makers Director (MD) and the creative direction of the Art Director (AD) to develop and maintain the quality and consistency of client projects. The GD interacts with all departments and reports to the MD.
This position (20 to 40 hours/week) requires high-end concepting and design skills which communicate ideas that inform and inspire users. Clear communication skills, trouble-shooting ability, file organization, and collaboration skills are critical. Familiarity with Design Thinking concepts is required. Candidates must be experts in Adobe CC applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD) and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience in web content management systems (WordPress, etc.) is required, HTML and CSS are a plus.
- Execute design for print, digital, and web design projects
- Design to client brand standards
- Design to application/typographic best practices
- Collaborate with Production Artist (PA) on file prep for vendors
- Collaborate with Digital Media Designer (DMD) for video and social media assets
- Meet with account team, MD, AD, or DMD to collaborate on concepts and execution of client projects as required
- Review designs for message, quality control and look and feel
- Prepare design files and specifications for print production to the PA’s requirements
- Review and approve vendor proofs/attend press checks
- Website maintenance, including content formatting and graphics development
- Meet project deadlines/work within time allowances
- Participate in weekly Makers team and monthly Design and Production team meetings and contribute to department and company projects
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Graphic Design with at least five years of experience in a professional environment, agency, or similar.
About LKF Marketing
We are a full-service advertising, marketing, website design and development, and public relations agency located in downtown Kalamazoo, Mich., with a 30+ year history. We're different from other communication firms. Why? Our sole purpose is to holistically achieve results. Great design might win awards (got em!), but we up the ante with solid strategy for our clients’ futures. There are no cookie-cutter marketing plans here.
We are a fun and fast-paced firm that values our culture and seeks a new team member who upholds our core values.
- Be Smart
- Have Fun
- Be Honest
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Contribute to Family
Our passion is obvious. We're seriously nuts about what we do, and it shows up in every project. We love to find new ways to meet challenges and thrill our clients. We can't believe we get paid to do this for a living! This passion is carried into our community, where our employees are very active with various affiliations.
That's what we do: Work hard. Play hard.
Join us, you'll be glad you did!
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to the Makers Director. The cover letter should include why you’d be a rockstar Graphic Designer and why you’d like to become a part of the LKF Team!