By Heather Isch
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
“Innovation is change that unlocks new value.”
“Out of adversity comes opportunity.”
“Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.”
-William Arthur Ward
I believe one of our best traits as Americans is our ability to innovate and reinvent in the face of adversity. The companies that successfully created a wartime approach during 2020, rolled up their sleeves, and figured out how they were going to pivot are still with us this year and, quite possibly, in a market leader position.
As we enter 2021, I hope we hold on to what we learned in 2020 and leverage it to become better innovators for the world going forward.
Take a minute to reflect on your own situation as leaders and marketers. What new tricks will you take with you into this new year? Did you create or improve any new systems during the pandemic that helped your organization not only survive, but thrive? How can we continue to grow our companies? Did you uncover any new markets or audiences?
At LKF, we’ve had a few wins that I’d like to share with you.
- We have demonstrated that we can serve our clients with a remote workforce. This strengthens our belief in a family-friendly workplace. It also means that our customers can be anywhere in the world and still receive unparalleled service.
- The “LKF Way” served us well. That is our recipe for delivering client results when working in person or from our home offices.
- Our culture and the deep relationships within the LKF team keep us connected during this time of upheaval even beyond work-related tasks. We are anxious to get back to collaborative, in-person work and for the ability to share our daily lives with one another and our clients face-to-face when it is safe to do so. This is what makes us strong, but we know that we can also continue to grow and nurture these relationships virtually.
- We’ve greatly reduced our paper usage and streamlined many of our administrative processes.
- This month, we eliminated our phones (except for four in the office) and are able to answer our clients from our direct lines via computers and cell phones regardless of our location.
- We’ve developed a new product and can’t wait to share it with you. We’re still giving it the LKF touch, so stay tuned!
- Our team has enjoyed coming alongside our clients and helping them innovate, create new ways of marketing to their customers when they could not visit in person.
We are excited about what 2021 has in store for us and our clients. We’ve never been afraid of hard work or reinvention strategies—in fact, we thrive on it.